[wisb] Dark-eyed Juncos, more, Milwaukee today

  • From: Jennifer Ambrose <jenthreat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birders <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 21:39:49 -0500

Hello,
This morning/afternoon, there was increased bird activity at Warnimont Park
and at Lake Park. At Warnimont, a flock of Dark-eyed Juncos had arrived and
were chasing one another and other species. Bluebirds, House Finches, and
Chickadees were abundant, as were White-crowned and White-throated
Sparrows. Many more Palm Warblers were present as well.

At Lake Park, I found the following birds:
Gray-cheeked and Swainson's Thrushes
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Blue-headed and Red-eyed Vireos
Nashville, Black-throated Green, and Orange-crowned Warblers
White-throated and White-crowned Sparrows
Hairy Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Downy Woodpeckers
At least six Northern Flickers in close proximity to one another
Chipping Sparrows
White-breasted Nuthatches
Cardinals, Chickadees...

There are probably some that I have forgotten and more still that were
present but unable to be IDed due to the bad light today.

Good birding,
--
Jennifer Ambrose
Bayview, Milwaukee County