[wisb] Dane Co. Pileated Woodpecker

  • From: "Quitman E. Phillips" <qephilli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 11:22:30 -0500

We observed a very active male Pileated Woodpecker today between 10:00 and
11:00 a.m. in the Arboretum in the woods on both sides of the road while on
the path between the Wetland Boardwalk and the Effigy Mounds.  Our daughter
had seen it earlier in the week nearer the boardwalk.
Gene Phillips
Madison