[wisb] Dane Co. Hwy V Ponds this Morning: Forster's Tern

  • From: Lester Doyle <Lester.Doyle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:59:28 +0000

Met Dan Graham (sp?) at the hwy V ponds this morning...lots of Pec's, Snipe,
and Yellowlegs, which all totally ignored heavy vehicle traffic, but one person
on a bike caused a scatter worthy of any Peregrine dive I've ever seen. Dan and
I got out of our cars, officially met each other, and spent the next 10 minutes
or so talking.
During this time a single Tern flew directly over us, Dan had his Bino's (mine
were in the car) and was to get a positive ID on the bird...it was still on the
East side Patton Road when I left.

Lester Doyle
Lodi - Harmony Grove
Columbia Co. WI

Please note that my email address has changed to Lester.Doyle@xxxxxxxxxxxx

*** The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is
intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above, and may be legally
privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please return it to the sender
immediately and delete the original message and any copies of it. If you have
any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender. ***