[wisb] Cty B widespread, Dane co.

  • From: "Steve Thiessen" <stevethiessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 13:21:15 -0500

 The Yahara River widespread, on Cty B north of Stoughton, has some good
habitat again. Most shorebirds were out by the cattail islands, so a scope is a
must.
I stopped twice today around 9 and noon. I had 3 dowitchers, 15 Stilt
Sandpipers, 1 Sanderling and 3 Red-necked Phalaropes. Plus the more regulars.
Some of the peeps were tough at that range (some of the bigger ones too), but
had 1 Bairds for sure.
 Swan Pond ,on Fish Hatchery Road, has been having around 100 shorebirds.
Mostly Pectoral, Least and Killdeer, but it pays to check closely. Good time of
the year for a Western or a Knot
Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co..