[wisb] Crossbills, warblers - Bayfield County

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 11:30:29 -0600

Nick Anich and Tim Oksiuta came over to my house for some migration birding
this morning (poor Tim got stuck birding with my 2-yr-old and Nick's 10-month
old). 14 species of warblers including 15+ Tennessees. Also 28 Red Crossbills
heading south overhead (and I see Hawk Ridge in Duluth tallied over 100 this
morning). Olive-sided but very few other flycatchers. Also yard bird #165 - a
Brown Thrasher. Nick or I will post a nice quiz bird later as well! Full eBird
list at http://ebird.org/ebird/wi/view/checklist?subID=S11361232 for those
interested.

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI