[wisb] Re: Cooper's and crows playing "tag"

  • From: Karen Etter Hale <chimneyswift1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 07:54:58 -0500

I saw something similar last week. An adult Cooper's hawk, slightly
smaller than a crow, flew aggressively at a crow four times while I
watched. Between attacks, they'd both perch in trees "ignoring" one
another. Once the Cooper's sat above the crow in the same tree - with a
squirrel between them just 5' below the Cooper's, seemingly unconcerned.
Three other crows in the immediate area ignored these interactions.

Karen Etter Hale
Lake Mills
NW Jefferson Co.