[wisb] Clay-colored, R.s. Towhee, R.h. Woodpecker, Lark Sparrow, Siskin brood patch

  • From: Buboarcto@xxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:06:47 EDT

Hi all!

During break today I walked to the mailbox (1/4 mile) and  heard/saw one or
two Clay-colored Sparrows in the brushy hedge row at the  base of the DATCP
hill facing the south side.

A Rufous-sided Towhee was feeding below my hulled sunflower  feeder about 6
pm.  Shortly thereafter a Red-headed Woodpecker appeared and  fed on the
feeders twice.  Meanwhile White-throats, Chippies,  Cardinals, Goldfinches,
the Siskins, various blackbirds and more were feeding on  the ground.  The
hummer also got in the act.

When the Siskins landed on a higher branch, I could clearly see the brood
patch on one bird.

Last Thursday I heard/saw a Lark Sparrow in southern Rock County.

Sandy-Ursula Petersen, rural Stoughton, Dane County and Washington Island,
Door County
web. Get the Radio Toolbar!