[wisb] Chuck-wills-widow still around on Jefferson/Walworth County line

  • From: "Carl Schwartz" <cschwartz3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin Birding Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 11:05:40 -0500

Those of you have yet to make the pilgramage may be pleased to know that this
lonely nightjar is still calling. Marty Evanson and I both showed up on Young
Rd, about a half-mile west of Tamarack last evening and were able to hear it
call at 8:56 p.m. That's about 20 minutes after sunset and shortly after the
first of at least three Whip-poor-wills were heard in the same area (also some
lovely Wood Thushes, towhees etc). the Chuck called for no more than a minute
and had not been heard again when we both left about 20 minutes later.

Carl Schwartz
Milwaukee County
414-416-3272
cschwartz3@xxxxxxxxx