[wisb] Cedar Waxwings and Baltimore Orioles, Appleton

  • From: timarytm@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: Wisbirdn Post <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 23:04:51 -0700 (PDT)

We encountered 50 - 60 Cedar Waxwings, adults and juveniles at Gordon Bubolz
Nature Center Tuesday evening. They were flocks of 10- 20 mixed in with adult
and juvenile Robins. We also saw at least 10 Baltimore Orioles, some of these
were also juveniles. We found no warblers anywhere but did see and hear many
Blue Jays, BC Chickadees, Catbirds, American Goldfinch, Tree Swallows, Mourning
Doves, Cardinals, and a few Eastern Wood Peewees, Common Nighthawks, Downy
Woodpeckers, and Northern Flickers.
Mary Maertz
Outagamie County