[wisb] Cattle Egret-Ozaukee County

  • From: Steven Murkowski <smurkowski66@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 05:54:19 -0700 (PDT)

On my work this morning (6:45AM) I stopped along Hwy B in the Town of Belgium
and found a Cattle Egret, of course with cattle.  It was located 1/2 mile north
of Jay Road on the east side on Hwy B.  There is a beef cattle operation with
large pastures.  The Cattle Egret actually perched on the fence posts along Hwy
B.  Also heard or seen were Dickcissels, Savannah Sparrows, Horned Larks and
Eastern Meadowlarks.  Last week I heard a distance calling Western Meadowlark
in the same area.

Steve Murkowski
Kiel, SW Manitowoc County