[wisb] Buff-breasted Sandpiper Adams Co

  • From: Rob Pendergast <acadiantigerheron@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 19:51:09 -0500

I stopped by 6th Ave Marsh this evening and was delighted to find a single
Buff-breasted Sandpiper resting on the mudflats near the waters edge (in
front of the other shorebirds present). Its gentle appearance caught my
attention right off the bat, looked like a Mourning Dove with long legs! It
later took off and landed further west (away) from my viewing location. I
also had a flock of 41 Common Nighthawks fly over my house this evening.
Good Birding,

Rob Pendergast,
Plover, Portage Co