[wisb] Broad-billed Hummingbird

  • From: "Korducki" <korducki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbird" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 12:49:58 -0600

The Mequon hummer was quite active this morning and I had several good views
between 930 and 950 AM along with Dan Panetti.  Tina's suggestion to stay by
the old basketball post was right on.  You can still see both front feeders
well.  The bird came in several times in spite of some sidewalk construction
that is going on.  It was also seen perching in trees above and to the west of
the house and did feed on a hanging fuscia plant as well.
I swung by the lakefront on the way home.  There is a nice group of scoters
just north of North Point in Milwaukee.  14 Surf and 7 Black Scoters were less
than 50 yards from shore.  Some of the best views I have ever had.  No sign of
either the Harlequin Duck or White-winged Scoter while I was there.

Mark Korducki, New Berlin