[wisb] Broad billed HB in Mequon

  • From: "Helen Mullison" <hmullison@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Wisbirdn'" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:39:43 -0600

Hi, fellow birders:

I tried posting this message yesterday around 1:30 PM. It appears not to
have gone through for some reason, so I am reposting today.

I saw the bird around midmorning (9:35 a.m. to about 10:45 a.m.) During that
period of time it appeared three times. The 10:15 view was the best, as the
bird was perched on the front yard feeder on the rim nearest the viewers.
The sidewalk workers had taken a morning break, so the noise and activity
had stopped.

There were 4 other birders present, two from the Chicago area.

I also spoke to the owner, who was a most gracious host.

Good birding,

Helen Mullison

(Milwaukee County)