[wisb] Black Throated Blue!- Record Late or Record early?

  • From: "Dan and Mary Pat Panetti" <dpanetti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 08:14:45 -0600

A customer of Wild Birds Unlimited- Mequon called to report that an adult male
showed up two days prior to Christmas- I believe this would be the 23rd.  It
returned again a couple days later.  The bird was seen again on New Years Day
and again yesterday, 1/14- (I have a photo for Bob D.)  It is in Glendale
(Milwaukee County).  It does not appear to be a reliable or regular visitor. On
the topic of visitors, the reporter has not committed to visitation at this
time.  It is feeding on suet and other seeds at feeders.  No water is provided
in this yard.  Given the common yellow throat and yellow rumped warblers
reported in the past ten days or so, could there be other warblers out there??
Dan Panetti
S.E. Ozaukee County