[wisb] Big warbler flight - Bayfield Co.

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 19:06:31 -0600

I had a great morning in my yard near Washburn on Sunday.  Most notable was a
heavy landbird migration on WSW winds as hundreds of warblers flew southward
overhead between 7 and 9 am.  On the ground I had 14 species of warblers
dominated by Tennessees and American Redstarts (lots of nice males).  Also
notable flights of N. Flickers, Least Flycatchers, and Rose-breasted Grosbeaks,
lingering Clay-colored Sparrow, Sedge Wren, and Bobolinks, and my first
Dark-eyed Junco of the year.  Full eBird list below:

Canada Goose 14
Ruffed Grouse 1
Great Blue Heron 1
Rock Pigeon 2