[wisb] Belted Kingfishers-Chippewa County

  • From: Rory Cameron <rory_cameron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 06:29:18 -0500

As I walked home for lunch yesterday, I was treated to a pair of Belted
Kingfishers flying along Duncan Creek in Chippewa Falls at the north end of
Superior Street.  Last year I often found a kingfisher here, but this was the
first time that I saw a male-female pair!
Rory CameronChippewa FallsChippewa County
"We come and go, but the land is always here. And the people who love it and
understand it are the people who own it?for a little while."   Willa Cather