[wisb] BOREAL OWL - Bayfield County yard bird

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 19:32:46 -0700

One of my sons and I were out sledding today when I heard chickadees scolding
in a small stand of balsam firs on the edge of our field. Suspected an owl and
easily found it as the stand is small and not very dense. The bird spent the
afternoon sleepily roosting away, providing views for most of our local birders
(all six or seven of us). I fully expect to never see it again but we'll see.
This is my second house in a row with Boreal Owl on my yard list!

Photo:  http://www.pbase.com/rbrady/image/148184080

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady