[wisb] Re: Another Y.B. Flycatcher: Kenosha Co.

  • From: "Wayne & Susie" <wsrohde@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gr8fish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Wisbird" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:29:14 -0500

"Lingering shorebirds in Walworth ... Count[y]" - ???

I didn't know shorebirds still existed in Walworth County!!!  I thought they
were forever extirpated from here!!!

This was easily the worst spring shorebirding year I've ever had in se WI.
I didn't even see a Greater Yellowlegs or a Pectoral Sandpiper or a
Semiplamated Sandpiper or a Short-billed Dowitcher or about a dozen other
shorebirds that are normally seen in my area.  Then again, I found precious
few mudflats this year.  (The Turtle Valley, for example, has a lot of
"water meets grass" habitat, with no muddy flats.  When I did a Big Day back
in mid-May, even good old Nine Springs could provide me with only a
Killdeer, a Least Sandpiper and some Dunlins.)

Good to hear someone's seeing shorebirds...

Wayne Rohde
Walworth, WI