[wisb] Anderson Sod Farm update

  • From: Daryl Tessen <bhaunts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 18:48:32 -0500

I went out to the Anderson Sod Farm early this evening.  What a difference a
day makes!!  While Todd had several shorebird species this morning per his
post, the only ones present this evening were 350+ Killdeer, 2 Least and 2
Pectoral Sandpipers!   I scanned all the fields carefully but that was the
total.  Probably a part of the problem is that 90% of the ponds in the most
western field are dried up.  The only ones present are WAY BACK.  You will want
a scope and they will probably be dry by tomorrow or Monday.

I would suggest that given what was present this evening, it probably is not
worth a trip to check out the farm now.  The next substantial rain is forecast
for this coming Thursday.
Daryl Tessen
Appleton, WI