[wisb] American Woodcock, Bender Park, WI

  • From: "Todd Wilson" <maxpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:41:48 -0500

Thanks to Betsy Abert for the tip about the woodcock show at Bender Park. I was
there at dusk and it is a great place to view it. Standing in the upper parking
lot, you can catch the woodcocks as they ascend from the scrub and spiral
upwards. I made some audio recordings several of which I posted to
xeno-canto.org. Here are links:
http://www.xeno-canto.org/america/recording.php?XCE508

http://www.xeno-canto.org/america/recording.php?XCE509

Todd Wilson