[wisb] Re: Am. Robins Migrating

  • From: Bill Krouse <bkrouse1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:45:12 +0000

Sarah & I actually saw about two dozen American Robins near Lineville Road and
Northwood Road in Suamico (NW corner of Green Bay) on Saturday morning. They
were just west of Bay Port High School in a residential yard near a tree line.
They were spread out on a snow covered lawn, along with one "honorary" Robin
(Mourning Dove).

Spring is wound tight and ready to pop!
--
Bill Krouse
Suamico, Brown County, WI

Ask me how to adopt a Greyhound or Borzoi!
http://www.gpawisconsin.org/
http://www.nbrf.info/
http://www.NoWisconsinPuppyMills.org

---- "Sommer wrote:

=============
Hello,

The berry crop on the Marquette campus has been so impressive it has been able
to accommodate 5-6 dozen Robins over the winter. It has been kind of surreal
coming to work in January in heavy snow and listening to Robins singing and
calling. Weird. Especially in conjunction with "my" WT Sparrows that winter
regularly on campus, which I feed. A few people on campus have actually noticed
both the robins AND, even more impressively, the "different" sparrows.

Joan Sommer
Fredonia
N. Ozaukee County (and wishing she lived next door to Dan Panetti)