[wisb] Advice to sway a bird hater?

  • From: David Freriks <dhfreriks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin birding network (E-mail)" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 16:11:53 -0500

Hi Everyone,
      Looking for any information/advice/literature that might be out there
to try to sway an ornery, bird hating apartment building owner that putting
out a some jelly/oranges for orioles, a handful of no-waste seed daily,
 and a hummingbird feeder isn't the end of the world. I've had mine out for
months at my apartment in Saukville and he finally noticed them and
demanded that I take them down. There is nothing in the lease about not
having them, so at this point I'm refusing to take them down. It's too bad,
the building manager started feeding the birds  behind his apartment as
well and was really enjoying it along with other people in the apartment
who were asking about all the cool birds. I'm told that he just hates
animals period.
Dave Freriks
Saukville Wi,/ Chesapeake, OH