[wisb] Adult male Surf Scoter MKE

  • From: Jennifer Ambrose <jenthreat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birders <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 14:03:27 -0500

The adult Surf Scoter originally seen.a few days ago was viewable from
Cupertino Park within the past half hr (just north of the Yacht club; you
can walk up the sidewalk that is accessible from.Iron Street.) He was
bathing and preening, and he came in close enough so that no scope was
needed. Yeah!
The Red-necked Grebe was also present, closer to the docks, but it didn't
lift its head the entire hour that I was here.

A female White-winged scoter, a few Ruddys, and Blue-winged Teal pair were
around, too, plus many Scaup and Goldeneye.

I had a half dozen or so cormorants flyover, and a handful of (I think)
Northern Rough-winged Swallows. Grackles, bluebirds, red-winged and a song
sparrow were seen or heard as well.

Good birding.

Jennifer A
Milwaukee