[wisb] ALERT: WHITE-FACED IBIS - Horicon Marsh today (Friday Oct 18 around 3:30pm)

  • From: deerpix@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Wisconsin Bird Net" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 19:11:22 -0700

2 American Avocets on the north side of Hy 49, very far out, visible with
binoculars though.
Suddenly both were scared up by, are you ready for this, a WHITE-FACED IBIS.
Sighting was confirmed by another birder, I apologize for forgetting your name,
I really gotta work on that, who also watched it fly in and then fly across Hy
49.  He was able to relocate it with his scope and picked out eye and bill
colors.  I sure hope you're on this email list so I can get your name.
Bob Huebner
Cedarburg, Ozaukee County