[wisb] A three 3 Black-necked Stilt day

  • From: Mike Reese <mikereese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 17:26:09 -0500

I tried to get out of the rain in central Wisconsin and headed south to
Columbia and Dane Counties and planned to swing back through Horicon.
Highlights included 25+ Common Loons from the small parking lot on the east
side of Hwy 22 in Pardeeville and also a close Horned Grebe that gave me great
looks. South of County DM on Jersey Rd. in Dane County there were a dozen
Pectoral Sandpipers, 4 Greater Yellowlegs and my FOY dragonflies, migrating
Common Green Darners.

On Jersey Rd. South of Breezy Rd. in Dodge County the Black-necked Stilt that
Daryl Tessen reported was still there but, in addition, there were two others
farther south at the corner of Jersey Rd. and County A on the west side. The
zero percent chance of rain in Waupun at 4:00 pm was misleading.

Mike Reese
Wautoma, Waushara County####################