[wisb] A heads-up to those who bird near Milwaukee's Hoan Bridge

  • From: "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 16:44:44 -0700 (PDT)

I know that some people sometimes walk along the Milwaukee River under the Hoan
Bridge (I-794) while birding. I've done it several times, looking at gulls.

An article in today's Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel notes: "A report on the
condition of the Hoan Bridge warns of concrete possibly falling from the
parapets onto Summerfest workers and patrons and the continuing deterioration
of the support structures because of corrosion."

See: http://bit.ly/fYlh8l

Bernie Sloan
Milwaukee