[wisb] A few reminders about posting to WisBirdn

  • From: Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 20:50:40 -0500

All -

Since migration is about to kick into overdrive, and we have quite a few new
subscribers, I'd like to remind folks of a few things.  First, it's helpful to
list a county in your subject line, so anyone just glancing at their Inbox can
quickly scan for areas pertinent to them.  Also, while I enjoy reading about
out-of-state rarities as much as the next lister, putting the state in your
subject line when referring to such would make it clear right away (while
admittedly dampening any rush of excitement for anyone already reaching for
their bins and car keys upon reading the subject line.)

If you find that the sheer volume of WisBirdn emails is getting a bit
unwieldly, you can always set your account to Digest mode - that way, you'll
only get one summary email each day, while still being able to post to
WisBirdn.  We do ask that if you're set to Digest mode and want to post
something, please DO NOT "Reply All" to the summary email, as that will send
all of the previous day's WisBirdn posts to every subscriber.  If you're going
away for a few days or weeks and don't want to get any WisBirdn emails, you can
set your account to Vacation mode - you'll still be subscribed, but won't get
any posts until you go back in and change your account settings.  You can do
all of these tasks by clicking on the links at the bottom of this or any
WisBirdn post.

Last, as always, put your name and location on your posts - this is a
requirement of the list, and there is a tendency to get casual about it.   Now
we return to our regularly-scheduled migration...

Peter Fissel
List Monitor & Nag
Madison, Dane Co.