[wisb] Re: A Direct Correlation???

  • From: H C <hjd123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin birding network \(E-mail\)" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, dkkearns@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 11:01:56 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the education -- I had noticed the lack of Pine Siskins.
Heather Cudworth
Williams Bay, WI

From: Wayne & Susie <wsrohde@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [wisb] A Direct Correlation???
To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 8:23 PM

Let's see...

1) It's a poor "finch" winter in Wisconsin.

2) But wisbirdn is lit up with off-topic talk of coffee ... pie ... and
corn!

Just an observation ... and wishing I could observe more birds.

Wayne Rohde
Walworth, WI

(Speaking of observations, it's interesting that Delavan Lake is iced-over,
but Geneva Lake is pretty much ice-free.  The trend for recent Lake Geneva
area CBCs has been "tons" of Common Mergs on Delavan Lake; but this year
they've made the move to the open waters of Geneva Lake.)

13:35:00