[wisb] 9 Springs, Lake Farm, Dane co

  • From: "Steve Thiessen" <stevethiessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisb" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 13:18:17 -0500

  There were 4 Baird's Sandpipers at 9 Springs this morning. They moved around
a lot, but settled in at the east end of the second pond. A couple snipe, but
not much interesting.
 At Lake Farm, I had Eastern Towhee, Winter Wren, G-c Kinglets, Hermit Thush,
sapsuckers and quite a few Fox Sparrows. A couple loons on the lake and lots of
other waterfowl, but viewing wasn't that good with just binoculars.
 Driving south I had 2 Bonaparte's Gulls fly by.
 The flooded field on Larsen Road has a good assortment of ducks. Many
Green-winged Teal.
Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.