[wisb] 6 FOYs in Oshkosh, 1 definite!!

  • From: paul bruce <rdjn560birdcrazy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 10:08:00 -0700 (PDT)

    Hey everyone,   got back from a post-grocery birding run along Menominee
Drive, where I picked my first shoveler,  hooded merganser, redhead,
canvasbacks, GC kinglet and  1 positively IDed adult Great Black-backed Gull,
milling around with herring gulls way out by a crack in the ice. Quite a neat
treat. Also near these guys was an immature eagle. The bay is gradually opening
up, but not as fast today thanks to these slightly wintry conditions.  But
still, the open areas contain MANY  Common and Red-breasted  Mergansers,
Goldeneyes (looking carefully for a Barrow's), gulls, cans and Greater Scaup.
    Looking forward to more FOYs in Winnebago Co.
     Paul Bruce