[wisb] 2 Golden eagles and Dark Morp rough-legged hawk together

  • From: Sharon Reilly <reillyhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WISC Rare bird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 21:02:12 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

2 Golden eagles and a Dark Morp rough-legged hawk together on WI-Hwy 22, just
north of Cty Rd  on the East side of the road. Eagles flew over the road and
landed together in the field approx 200yds to the east of the road. The RLHawk
was hovering along the side of the roadway.  Today's view was the best I've
ever had of Golden Eagles. Unfortunately I was on my way to a dentist appt and
couldn't stop. Didn't have camera or scope with me anyway.

Also saw 4 Bald Eagles on the drive back from Minocqua 1 along Hwy 51 b/n Mqa
and Wausau  2 south of Wausau at separate sites (cannot remember exactly
where). One b. eagle scared me because it was only 25-30 feet off the ground
flying across the road. Luckily it made it to the other side without being hit
by the 18 wheeler heading north.

Sharon - Fox Lake

Sharon Reilly
PO Box 364