[wisb] 2 American Coot Chicks at Lost Creek Wetland

  • From: Rob Pendergast <rob121092@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 17:01:23 -0500

Today I saw 2 American Coot chicks at Lost Creek Wetland, I don't believe
they have ever nested in Portage County before. Also one Common Moorhen (C.
Gallinule) was present on the east side of the project, very distant and
almost too hard to make out. There was one male Yellow-headed Blackbird
present and singing. He was really close to the road as well, he was rather
agitated with the surrounding Red-winged Blackbirds.
Rob Pendergast, Plover, Portage County