[wisb] 18 species of warblers - Bayfield County

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ashlandbirders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 11:32:09 -0600

Duluth radar was majorly lit up last night
(http://weather.rap.ucar.edu/radar/displayRad.php?icao=KDLH&prod=bref1&bkgr=black&endDate=20120827&endTime=3&duration=0),
 which 90% of the time translates to great birding in my Washburn yard. This
morning was no exception with 18 species of warblers, including 16 in the first
hour of light. My first Blackpolls, Bay-breasted, and Palms of the fall, plus
Philadelphia Vireos and Swainson's Thrushes. Birds were flying in off the lake
until ~8:30am. More Red Crossbills as well (yawn)

Full eBird list at http://ebird.org/ebird/wi/​view/checklist?subID=S11450766

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady