[wireidaho] Fwd: Wire Idaho meeting reminder submitted for approval

  • From: Anne <anne.wildthing@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wire Idaho <wireidaho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 16:07:36 -0800

Hello everyone!

Welcome new members! Our next Wire Idaho meeting will be in Sandpoint, on Sunday, March 13, at the Gardenia Center, with a potluck at 1:00 PM. The Gardenia Center is located at 400 Church St. across from the Post Office in Sandpoint. We will be discussing bonds, and there are some links on the agenda, attached, if you want to get familiar with the subject.

Priest River City Council Update: Councilman Mullaley is trying to arrange an open forum on the telecommunications ordinance at one of the next few council meetings, hopefully 6 pm Monday, *March 21*. We'll let you know as soon as we have an exact date and time.

Meanwhile, please continue to submit letters to the Priest River City Council, especially if you live in Priest River. Let them know you'd like them to:
Regulate the "Noise" i. e. power output, transmitted by these towers;
Require setbacks, ideally at least 1500 feet from homes or schools;
Require liability bonds for when anyone gets sick or their property value drops as a result of these towers;
Require a NEPA environmental review for all new towers as required by the FCC; and
Require a Needs Test to prove whether or not Priest River even needs any more cell towers, especially considering that we already have fast, wired internet available and fiber optics to the premises coming.
Send your emails to: *Laurel Thomas <lthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*> or hand deliver. *Make sure you include your name and address.*
Refer to: *Control #2021-12-01 - Mullaley - Request for Amendment of Wireless Communications Facilities.*

Looking forward to seeing you Sunday!

--
Anne

---