The Wintonbury Coffeehouse E-mail Newsletter - March 2008

  • From: "Wintonbury Coffeehouse" <newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wintonbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 22:34:33 -0500

The Wintonbury Coffeehouse E-mail Newsletter - March 2008

Contents:
I.    This Month's Coffeehouse - Courtney Reid and Peter Plante
II. Link of the Month - Robin O'Herin
III. Last Month's Coffeehouse - Cancelled

I. Join us on Saturday, March 8th to hear a feature set from singer/songwriter
Courtney Reid.  Courtney is one-third of Maeve - she's the one who stands in
the center and sings with such a soulful voice.  She's a wonderful
singer/songwriter, inspired in her writing by God's love for us and by finding
hope in the midst of life's struggles.  We look forward to Courtney's first
feature set at Wintonbury.  You can visit Maeve on the web at
http://www.maevemusic.com

For the opening set, we'll hear an old friend - in fact, his only previous
appearance at the Wintonbury Coffeehouse was in 1984.  We had lost touch with
singer/songwriter Peter Plante, but have connected with him again and found
that he's just gotten better with time.

We had originally announced that Sandoval Band would be playing this month, but
due to a miscommunication with the band (our fault!), this didn't work out.  We
hope to host the Sandoval Band at Wintonbury this spring.

The Wintonbury Coffeehouse is held on the second Saturday of the month at
Wintonbury Church, 54 Maple Avenue in Bloomfield.  Starting time is 7:30.
There is no charge for admission or refreshments, but we suggest a $7 donation
to help meet expenses.

II. Link of the Month - (http://www.robinoherin.com)  Robin is a fine blues and
fingerstyle guitarist with a powerful voice - we've enjoyed having her at
Wintonbury in the past and hope to host her again soon.

III. Last Month's Coffeehouse - The storm on February 9 didn't amount to much,
but it made for icy driving, and we thought the best thing for everyone was to
cancel the coffeehouse.  We hope to have Mighty Purple and Jake Fuller back on
our stage this spring.

Please visit our web site at http://www.wintonburycoffeehouse.org for a
complete schedule of upcoming coffeehouses, information for musicians
interested in playing at Wintonbury, and more.

If you'd like to be removed from this email list, please drop us an email with
"remove" as the subject line at info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx