[WinPrnDev] setting print parameters of spooler jobs

  • From: Paul Crocker <crocker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 00:41:34 +0100

Hello,
I am having difficult with the windows spooler API.
I would be grateful if anyone could help or point me in the direction
of  some  further documentation.

I have a small application that prints out the contents of a windows
spooler queue for a given printer .. varios items from the JOB_INFO_1
structure .. document name and the like.

I then wish to, for instance, CANCEL some jobs using the SetJob
function call .. this I can do.
res = SetJob( hPrinter,pjtmp->JobId,3,(x),JOB_CONTROL_DELETE );
OK!

However I am unable to simply change and set some print job
parameters like the "priority" of a given job in the spooler.

pjtmp->Priority= 22 ; // change a priority
res = SetJob( hPrinter,pjtmp->JobId,3,(LPBYTE)( pjtmp ),0);

Does not work - i always get the error
Error code (hex): 57,(dec): 87 string = The parameter is incorrect.

Accroding to the SetJob function description at http://
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms535483(VS.85).aspx "Windows NT/
2000/XP/Vista: You can use the same call to the SetJob function to
set print job parameters and to give a command to a print job. Thus,
Command does not need to be 0 if you are setting print job
parameters, although it can be. "

Has anyone any idea what I am doing wrong or not doing or simply
missing ?

Regards,
paul.

---
Questions? First check the UndocPrint pages at
http://www.undocprint.org/winspool

To unsubscribe, visit the List Server page at
//www.freelists.org/list/winprndev