[WinPrnDev] Re: Disable printer sharing

  • From: "Christoph Lindemann" <Christoph.Lindemann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 13:52:03 +0100

Hi Richard,

For Fax driver:
I think sharing is not actually disabled other then in the GUI. The
template for the "Sharing is not supported for this type of printer" is
in the printui.dll file.
I do not know how the printui.dll decides if a printer does support
sharing or not.
You could try to get help from some MVP who has source code access, you
could ask in the NTDEV mailing list.

It might also be, that the fax driver modifies the "Sharing" property
sheet in its DrvDevicePropertySheets function.

/christoph

---