[WinPrnDev] Automated printer install under Windows 7 not working, ok in XP

  • From: Henry <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:54:28 -0700

In Windows XP, I can use the following to install my printer INF file
inside a .bat file automatically without user intervention:

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ia /m "My printer"  /f
.\install.inf /r "c:\temp\myportfile.dat"
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /b "My printer"  /f
.\install.inf /r "c:\temp\myportfile.dat" /m "My printer"

However, under Windows 7 I can't get it to work.  Yes I ran it with
administrator privileges.  The INF file installs fine with the Add a
printer manually so I know it works.  The printer port is added
correctly and appears as an option in the manual Add a printer.

Any idea what is wrong?  Any work around?  Anyone free to accept a
paid freelance mini job to do the installer?  Thanks.
---
Questions? First check the UndocPrint pages at
http://www.undocprint.org/winspool

To unsubscribe, visit the List Server page at
//www.freelists.org/list/winprndev