[windows_errors] [What_Error_Messages_Really_Mean_WinXP] Run all system checks in the Safe Mode?

  • From: Spunko Vision <spunkovision@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mycomputerheadaches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pro_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, steveandjohnnie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 01:49:43 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with that person, Bobby.
When using Adaware and Spybot, run them in Safe Mode because you can get rid of
hard to kill malware if you do so .
There are a few applications/processes that Adaware and SpyBot can't kill until
they are run in Safe Mode.

In a TechRepublic article
(http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6286-0.html?forumID=11&threadID=156742&messageID=1633627),
 the author wrote

--QUOTE--
I had an instance of one particular tenacious piece of malware that just
wouldn't go away. After running both of them one day on a troubled machine, I
happen to have regdit open and *poof*, an entry was added right before my eyes.
Considering the potentially destructive nature of this class of software, I'm
really surprised that the AV companies aren't more aggressive in this area.
--UNQUOTE--

Again, the Safe Mode reference is mentioned here:
Spyware Removal/Prevention Checklists
http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6264_11-5326988.html?tag=search
" ...some spyware can only be removed in Safe Mode ."

BOBBY  wrote:I read a post today in which somebody told a person that anti
virus checks, Spybot and AdAware should always be run in the Safe Mode.  I had
never read this before.  I'm going to go back and try to find the source but do
any of you agree with this?
Bobby

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/67folB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/