[windows2000] Re: windows2000 Digest V3 #140

  • From: Anthony Abraham <AABRAHAM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:51:51 +1100

We have some apps that don't run without Local Admin rights (supposedly)..
Not ideal but thats how it was when  I got here so instead of removing this
and downgrading them to Power User and potentially causing issues, I want to
use Group Policy to remove some security concerns...

Anthony

Ok, I have to ask, why are all your users local admins?

- --
Chris Berry
chris_berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates & Coast Business Service

"He who laughs last probably made a back-up." --Murphy's Seventh law of
computing

------------------------------

End of windows2000 Digest V3 #140
*********************************

This Weeks Sponsor

NOTICE
The information in this email and or any of the attachments may contain;
a. Confidential information of Credit Union Services Corporation (Australia)
Limited (CUSCAL) or third parties; and or
b. Legally privileged information of CUSCAL or third parties; and or
c. Copyright material of CUSCAL or third parties.
If you are not an authorised recipient of this email, please contact CUSCAL
immediately by return email or by telephone on 61-2-8299 9000 and delete the
email from your system.
We do not accept any liability in connection with computer virus, data
corruption, interruption or any damage generally as a result of transmission of
this email.