[windows2000] Re: windows 2003 and appleshare

  • From: nohup@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 08:53:58 +0200

Hi.
At the time I asked there was no answer but I solved some of the problem.
After I reinstalled windows server 2003 as a singel server they couldn't se the share but they could connect to it if I search for it. Solved when I found out that appletalk only can act as a master browser on one interface. So I put it on the right interface.
When it comes to "write" right on the share for appletalk I still has to give the user/guest full rights on the share. I still hasn't try to installed a newer appletalk client on the macintosh computers but I will try that soon. According to the information I found that should do the trick. Then it should work with user rights on appelshare.
We will see

/Johan

Hi, I don't know if you ever got this resolved. I didn't see anything on the
list though.
So, here's my take on it...

Comments inline.

Apple shares are "read-only" by default for some strange reason.
Check the share properties of the Macintosh share in question and uncheck
the option "This volume is read-only".

> I worked a lot with users and rights to this > share. So I reinstalled and set it up as a singel server with file > sharing, and now they can't even connect to the share or see it. When trying > to connect directly to the ip address, it complaining about the protocol > or something like that. > I also tryed from a new macintosh, with the same result.

What did you reinstall? The server OS? If so, did you also install
"filesharing for Macintosh"?

/Dan Manell

What's keeping you from getting more from your terminal servers? Did you know, in most cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single biggest constraint to scaling up?! Get this free white paper to understand the real constraints & how to overcome them. SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147

******************************************************** This Week's Sponsor - RTO Software / TScale What's keeping you from getting more from your terminal servers? Did you know, in most cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single biggest constraint to scaling up?! Get this free white paper to understand the real constraints & how to overcome them. SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more servers. http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147 ********************************************************** To Unsubscribe, set digest or vacation mode or view archives use the below link.