[windows2000] question about windows VPN

  • From: "Dennis Appelboom" <dennis.appelboom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:56:38 +0200

We would like to offer the ability to logon to the network from home
through a VPN connection.

This is all setup nicely, but we see one problem on the horizon.

While testing the VPN solution with a small amount of volunteers, we
noticed the following:

When an end-user starts a VPN session, a small icon with two connected
computers appears in quick launch section, which indicates that you have
an active VPN connection....Unfortunately, our end-user are not smart
enough to understand that they have to disconnect when done......

And since we offer internet through the VPN, it slowed down my internet
performance....

And people don't understand why their kaaza or overnet doesn't work
anymore....

Is there an option that logs off after a certain time of inactivity or
something, or other smart options???

Regards,

Dennis Appelboom
marviQ