[windows2000] Re: Zip

  • From: "Timothy Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:16:17 -0500

I should note that if/when you go to Server 2003, the OS does this for you
(zip files show up as compressed folders, kind of like efs).   The interface
is nice because it's just another folder with a slightly different icon - so
users can handle it, can drag & drop and everything.

But it means that if you don't support zip today because of virus concerns,
you will need a better virus scanner that can look into the zips.

tim