[windows2000] Windows Home Server DIY Blog

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 07:56:52 -0500

I've been running my house off a pair of real old servers, and recently
(during the HUGE ice storm we had here in Massachusetts) had an
opportunity to plug the whole stack into a kill-a-watt meter.

The resulting realization that I was using close to 400 watts made me
realize that I needed to make a change.

I've never blogged before, but I wanted to keep a "diary" of my DIY Home
Server build, so I figured that a free blogger.com account would work...
I learned so much by looking through the posts at
www.homeserverhacks.com and www.mswhs.com, so maybe my blogged
experiences will help someone else in the future.

I've ordered and started receiving parts for the new system, and the
rest should arrive today.  I'll try to keep the posts coming as I get
things set up, migrated, and customized to the way that I want it to
work.

The blog is located here:
http://BushBoxHomeServer.blogspot.com/

Special thanks goes out to Donavon West and Philip Churchill, whose
blogs have provided me with lots of great ideas and sample hardware
builds, and the impetus to get off my butt and get it done finally.

Here's to safe backups, finally,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

//www.freelists.org/list/windows2000