[windows2000] Winchat ?

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:03:17 -0500

Hi there list,

Does anyone know what services need to be running for Winchat to be
started on a remote computer when called?  I can winchat all NT
computers on our network but no 2000 computers.  I do a "sc \\computer
start netdde" first to insure Network DDE is running, but when I try to
"call" the other computer, I just get "the other computer did not
respond."  I went to this other computer and started all unstarted
services that could possibly have anything to do with it.

I'm pretty sure that this isn't a network issue, like connectivity or
anything like that or routers blocking stuff or anything.

Thanks a lot,

Ray at work

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com