[windows2000] Re: W2k & W2k3 servers

  • From: "Mike Perrin" <perrinm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:19:24 -0500

A product like Acronis true image server can take a lot of the fear out
of applying patches to a production server. Just take a full image
backup of the OS and then apply the patch, if it blows up, no problem,
just restore the server to it's previous state from the image backup and
you're back in business.

Acronis True Image server is like Ghost for servers and recognizes
RAID, Tape Drives (we have DLTIVs not sure about other types) and is
also network aware so you can save your server images to any storage
point as long as its on your network.

Mike

>>> gareese@xxxxxxxxx 11/22/04 07:51am >>>
your best bet is to do some research and see if anyone else has
applied it and what their results were.  Even after that I have found
it best to have a stiff drink and say a small prayer.  Maybe wave a
rabbit's foot in front of your server a few times just to be safe.

You could also build a decent enough test server for about $400 if you
know where to shop for parts.

Greg

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:33:20 -0500 (EST),
thethin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <thethin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>