[windows2000] Re: Tape Device Error

  • From: S Hoyle <slymax454@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 12:35:51 -0700 (PDT)

Ron,
I've had that problem in the past, and running chkdsk /f on all the hard drives
fixed it.  Don't know why, though. It was suggestion from MS support.

-Sly

Ron Leach <rleach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Using win2k pro. In the event viewer my tape device is giving the =
following error:
"The device, \Device\Tape0 has a bad block."

Can't seem to find any info. Has anyone seen this before? Is tape =
drive going bad? Data seemed to backup ok. It's when I try to restore =
that this error comes up.

TIA