[windows2000] Slow response time on slow links

  • From: "Freitas, Eduardo" <Eduardo.Freitas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:06:45 -0500

Hello,

There is also another problem I would like to have your comment on.
In one of the sites with terribly slow link and no domain controller the
response time on the pc seems to be too slow. Even things not related to
network like clicking on start or opening "My documents" (not redirected).
When disconnected from the network, all this operations seem to happen
almost instantly.

Has anyone been experiencing anything similar?
I was thinking about some registry teak or something similar. Group policy
is only being used for SUS updates at this site.

Best Regards,

Eduardo