[windows2000] Site/blog for XP SP2 Problems...

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 07:57:18 -0400

Is there a site or blog that y'all know of where people are
discussing/resolving problems with XP SP2, particularly the firewall?

I have solved all of my problems but two, and I wonder how others are
dealing with them:

1. New mail notifications in Outlook: I found a Kbase article with a
client reg setting that will fix the UDP port on which Outlook is
listening for New Mail notifications, so I think I can get around this
one.
2. Remote "Disk Management" - I can't get this to work for the life of
me, from my XP SP2 workstation to any other machine, 2000 or XP.

I just wondered if there was some place that people were discussing this
kind of thing...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.