[windows2000] Re: Shareware/GPL Modem Comm package

  • From: Jennifer Booth <jennifer.booth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 13:57:25 -0800

Yeppers... That's how I found out about it, was BBSing in high school in
'90.  I keep forgetting that it really *wasn't* another lifetime, it just
feels like it.  I, too, ran a BBS in Colorado Springs, and used Telix to do
all my .point work and to connect to other non-Fidonet boards.  My ex has
all that stuff, and way more (if he still has it all), including a PDP-11
that I got to work and use as a sequencer.  The bad part is that he got my
Vic20 with all my custom programs from when I was just a kid.  What did they
call us back then?  The Atari Generation?

I'll never forget seeing an old Bull 9000 throw a disc though.  When I left
Colorado Springs 5 years ago, that disc was still embedded in the wall.

Ah... Good times!

Jennifer